Food delivery has become the norm in many cities around the world, especially during the pandemic outbreak these days. This industry has been transformed by the arrival of apps like the Seamless Clone and UberEats.
Update: Checkout this incredible Food Delivery Script HERE
Many people find it convenient to order in their favorite foods, sit back, and relax. How do you survive in the cut-throat competition of this market where the balance quality, time, and cost matter? New food delivery startups compete to survive in an overcrowded market and to deliver food in the most innovative ways possible. If you want to venture into a food delivery business like Seamless, here’s a detailed blog on the considerations you need to make.
Seamless – Leading in Innovative Food Delivery
Seamless is a part of the renowned Food delivery business, Grubhub Inc., in America. The brand is eponymous with what it does, which is seamless food delivery or take out. The Seamless Clone offers convenience with quick delivery, order tracking, quality checks, and elevating customer experience.
They ensure that the food reaches the customer in minutes of placing the order. Their strategy is to loop in the neighboring restaurants in different areas based on the customer’s location. This way, they ensure the quickest delivery service while including a variety of food in the menu offered by restaurants.
Here are the things you need to consider before starting a Food Delivery App like the Seamless Clone.
Choose Your Consumers
The first list that you need to make is for your buyers/consumers. You either need to focus on a certain group or decide to cater to a larger group of different kinds of buyers.
Different Consumer types include:
- Foodies – Customers who love all kinds of food
- Busy Professionals – People who don’t find the time to prepare a home-cooked meal during the rush hour and want to order in.
- Millennial Food Lovers – People who are tech-savvy and love ordering food using mobile apps or online.
- Diet Lovers – People looking for diet-friendly food near them regularly.
- Specially Curated Menu – These consumers look for special ingredients (like organic veggies or fresh meat) or types of food to be delivered to them by specialty restaurants.
- Groceries Only- These buyers need day-to-day groceries and food items.
- Partially-prepared Meals – These include ingredients and semi-cooked food items with instructions on how to prepare a dish at home.
The Seamless Clone helps deliver food to all food lovers while focusing on delivering quality food from popular restaurants nearby in the quickest time, which is their USP.
Partner with Restaurants
It’s important to collaborate with the best-rated and most-preferred restaurants that are doing well in major cities locally or globally. According to a recent survey, only about 10% of restaurants in the USA take online orders. This becomes a challenge during times like COVID-19.
Your new business must ensure that low-profile restaurants are considered and must include them in your app. A good network of partner restaurants gives a new app enough potential to gain traction and serve to a bigger population. It also drives your partners’ delivery costs down with your commission off all sales. Other mutual benefits include good restaurant publicity and a constant flow of orders for your delivery service.
Contractual Delivery Partners or Hired Delivery Associates?
Delivery is the trickiest part and needs a lot of contemplation in terms of revenues and costs.
There are primarily three ways to execute delivery services.
- Hire your fleet of delivery associates for a commission or a monthly salary.
- On a contractual basis with delivery companies, the way the Seamless Clone app does.
- Work with freelance delivery personnel (this is a little risky but more cost-efficient).
Even part-timers who have a bike or a car can help in deliveries for a nominal fee during off-duty hours.
If you have a constant flow of orders, we recommend a partial-fleet model where some of the delivery personnel are on your company’s payroll while the others are hired (freelance or contractual).
Scope of Features for Your Clone Script
Deciding on what primary services and optional/add-on features will be for your food delivery clone script is the next step. Rely on a good Clone Script development company to roll out a feature-rich app for your startup.
The Seamless Clone Script is simple, user-friendly, and quick in accepting, tracking, and updating order details. Read our blog on the Five Essential Features required to start a Pizza Delivery Software to compare features for your food delivery software.
Many food delivery services have separate apps for drivers, restaurants, and customers.
Your Clone Script must give you enough flexibility while optimizing your expenditure and delivery efficiency.
Also check out this UberEats Clone.