Every eCommerce marketplace platform needs to have a unique selling proposition to win their customers. A unique selling point is what makes your business stand out in the crowd. To understand more about Unique selling proposition – read this article on kiss metrics.
So How do you explain your marketplace’s USP to your visitors ? You need a perfect landing page that will explain about your business idea – how it can benefit customers, how it can attract sellers to sign up to sell their products – Why should the visitors have to use your platform etc.
You may have all this information on a separate page which might not be your welcome page. But if is it not visible to your readers – then you’re losing the sales.
One of our clients has this unique marketplace Schmoozyshops – with a customized landing page – he has seen 114% conversion when compared to a normal marketplace platform which displays all their products.
How to setup a landing page for your eCommerce Marketplace platform?
1. You need to have a short video that explains your business. A picture is worth 1000 words. A video is worth 1000 pictures.
example – check happysale.com/home – perfectly explains what their marketplace is all about.
2. Find out the key features that triggers people to use your platform. Every habit forming product has 3 process involved – A trigger, followed by an Action and Reward for doing the action. If you have these 3 elements in your platform – it will become a habit forming product. Explain the main features that stands as USP in your platform.
3. Compelling copy – You need have a compelling copy in you landing page that evoke curiosity, positive vibe, that triggers an action, active speech, tell them “why” they need to act on it immediately.
Hubspot article on effective landing page copy explains more about it.
4. You can integrate a search bar in your landing page. Just like Google search – you can allow people to search for products and display them in your marketplace platform.
5. You can display featured / premium sellers – success stories – this is a great way to attract more sellers on board.
6. You can display recent products that are going for sale in your platform, recent users who’ve registered – this will again help people to get more trust on your platform.
The Psychology behind point #6 is explained below – Instant trust & Human factor.
Social mouths explains
“ People like associating themselves and do business with other people, not with companies. This is why immediately showcasing that human factor on a site is essential. “ You can showcase your team and showcase your community of people.
We’ve got a special surprise for you! All the above mentioned 6 points are packaged into a Perfect landing page for your businesses.
You can purchase the landing page – you can set it up and change the copy as per your business.